Another Day, Another Quilt

Well, things are well under way at the new little shop. I've stayed very organized at keeping everyone's quilt labeled and in a sack. So far I have 24 quilts lined up. Wow. It seems every time I get one done 2 more are dropped off. But I have had fun figuring out new techniques and designs. I got one sample done. It was my Baby Butterfly Quilt pattern, (which is super easy) made up in pale yellow, pink and orange mod prints. I tried a new quilting design.The day we were going to put it up a lady came by and wanted to buy it! Sold! Now I'll get to pick out new fabric, whip up another sample, and try a new quilt design


I hope to get the newest Jelly Roll pattern out soon. I posted pics a while back on Facebook, but haven't got the cover finished because I need to finish the quilting. My 93 year old grandmother is working on hers now. We got her a jelly roll in her favorite color and helped pick out the placement of all the strips and she got busy cutting and sewing. I even got to help a little when we were on vacation. I definitely prefer machine sewing over hand sewing. I kept thinking how many blocks I could have done in the time it took to get a little row put together. But she loves it and moves right along.

Looking forward to Grand Opening of the new little shop where I do my quilting. Have sent out emails and notices on Facebook, right now I'm working on getting a web page with all the details. So stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts