It's perfect!! Quick hide the level

Have you ever tried to level an 80 lb machine on a 10 foot frame using a 12" level? Well I have and believe me it's not that easy. I recently rearranged my quilting studio for the 3rd time in 6 months, I know, I know, it's an addiction; and I realized that just because you get the frame perfect. meaning all the little feet have the same amount sticking out of the leg so that it's square and even, doesn't mean the floor will cooperate or share your same need for perfection. After what seemed like an eternity of eyeing, leaning, checking, walking to the back and then to the front again, loosening and re-checking; turned out to only be 35 minutes; I have one side that is now raised almost 2 whole inches higher than the other side!! GOOD-NESS. I just had to throw my innate need for equality and perfection out the window. Some things are just out of my control. No matter how much I take my own little world and square it and even it out and make it just right, I cannot prevent some unforseen force to come through and throw everything out of whack and proportion. Well good thing God is the one really in control. Good thing He lets me feel in control sometimes when He's really shaking His head at me while I strive for nought. Good thing He doesn't need a level. He hung the heavens and just eyeballed it and it turned out perfect and marvelous. 

Comments

Popular Posts