What's in a Name?

Recently I received a call from a lady wanting to have some quilting done. No big deal, there has been a lot of foot traffic in and out of the shop. I have handed out at least 400 business cards for women to have and share, I figured she was just a friend of a friend who knew someone who maybe drove by and decided to give me a call before stopping by. Nope she lives out of state. And not even a state I have ever visited or have relatives. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. She found me on the internet. (Thank goodness for that free google adwords certificate) Of course when you search for quilting or machine quilting or hand guided long-arm quilting, there are a plethora of choices. What makes you stand out from the rest? What makes people look at you over someone who actually budgets for advertising in their financial planning? Perhaps it's a cool logo, or how close you are to the top of the search page. In my instance it was the catchy name. She told me that her husbands pet name for her was Chicken. Imagine that. And she thought having a quilter who called herself the Quilted Chicken was quite appropriate and entertaining. So with a short phone conversation filled with lots of questions about her tastes and preferences, she had her quilt boxed up and shipped to me in a matter of days. I can't wait to get started on it, and although I do so enjoy seeing the looks on happy faces when they get to see their quilt finished I can't wait to talk to her on the phone when it arrives and she opens it up, and unfolds her quilt. It just makes me smile. :)

Comments

Popular Posts