Don't cry over spilled milk, just get a new tablecloth

Have you ever had one of those times when you haven't had a TON of stuff to do, you really enjoy it. You get to piddle, and do nothing if you really wish to do nothing. I find it hard to do absolutely nothing so even when there is nothing to do I am doing something. Sound crazy? Well believe me I would BE crazy if this were not the case. This has been a nice and easy month. I am done with Christmas quilting, and all my last minute projects. I have lots of new ideas for the year. but right now I have been enjoying taking it easy. Not to say I don't still work out here in my studio for 6-7 hours a day, but it's a fun work. I'm not stressed out and frazzled.

Well I have just about had enough of leisure time. I have found that after finishing a full work day, and fixing supper and sitting around just doing my version of "nothing" I have suddenly become inspired! I have gotten so much accomplished this week. Even just this morning. I have checked website info. entered and mailed out newsletters. Finished several projects and a new pattern. O.k. so I didn't finish projects and a pattern this morning but you know what I mean. I have probably accomplished the same amount of work I would have gotten done this entire month, but it sure is nice to save up all my energy and do a lot of stuff in a small amount of time. I usually have only an hour or so at the end of the day to work on something. Then I have another hour another day to do it, and it just seems to drag out and seems so much harder and less fun.

So I have been happy for my spare time. I wouldn't want to have too much very often, but it's almost like a mini vacation right here at home. Well in the midst of my happy little me time this morning, being to proud of getting things accomplished that I have put off because I couldn't get it done all at once. I was so engaged in my efforts I completely forgot of the cup of nice hot relaxing tea to help me stay warm and focused. So in one swift move of my clipboard, I launched my cup off the front of my desk..... Yeah. That's what I said. Oh good-ness. It's a good thing I was just finishing up the details, and had my mind set to sit down and write. Otherwise I may have skipped this blog entry all together. But, no harm, no foul. I keep a towel back here to iron on. I have a whole stash of fancy decorator fabric stuck in a box waiting for such an occasion as this. I simply had to clean up the mess. Guess I don't have to sweep that spot now since it's been mopped. Shh.. don't tell. I put a quick hem on a piece of beautiful upholstery fabric that is now my new table covering and voila!! Good as new. Now I've got a pretty new table cloth, which brightens up my day.

Well now I'm off. I've got fabric to sort, and quilting to get done, and patterns to check, oh yeah and I need  a refill. Don't worry, I won't sit it on my new tablecloth.

Comments

Popular Posts